Outside The Brigham
iHub Early Stage Innovation Matchmaking
Leading the digital transformation in healthcare, iHub collaborates with a spectrum of companies from early-stage to worldwide enterprises. The collaborative effort allows the Brigham to understand the evolving digital health landscape and identify opportunities for meaningful engagement. As one of the emerging leaders in digital health, we strive to be both the provider and collaborator of choice through increased usage, adoption, and implementation.
Collaboration and Matchmaking Success Stories:
Engagement with Digital Health Startups
iHub frequently engages with early stage and maturing digital health startups. The intake process is one mechanism that allows us to evaluate and assess fit within our institution. Typically, once companies have completed the form, if there is alignment with strategic initiatives and priorities at Brigham Health, an introductory meeting will be held to better understand opportunities and potentials for adoption.
Interested in collaborating with major
hospitals within the
Partners Healthcare system?
Startup Intake and Cross-Institutional Screenings
Originally started as a project to facilitate meetings and conversations with startups and companies interested in working with the Brigham, the Startup Intake and Joint Screening process has become the ideal mechanism for the innovation centers at the Brigham and Mass General Hospital to engage in meaningful discussions with external startups and companies.
Startup Screening Lifecycle Process:
1. Initial introduction to Brigham Digital Innovation Hub and Mass General Hospital Healthcare Transformation Lab.
2. Startup company to complete an initial intake form for Brigham, Mass General Hospital and Partners Healthcare to track company information and interest.
3. Individual institutions to host 30-minute discovery call to understand solution and potential fit.
4. If potential fit or internal match is possible, a joint startup screening will be scheduled. During the joint screening pitches, interested company will pitch and demo to both iHub and MGH HTL members as well as other internal experts and stakeholders.
5. Brigham Digital Innovation Hub (iHub) and Mass General Hospital Healthcare Transformation Lab to follow-up for facilitation of next steps, if internal match and need found appropriate.
In collaboration with our partners at Mass General Hospital, and other groups across the Partners system, this process aims to:
Support Internal Innovators
Match Hospital Priorities to Market Solutions
Create Infrastructure to Scale Innovation
Since the official start of the program in Summer 2018, together we have:
PARTNERS SPECIALTY EXPERTS
Part of the Brigham or MGH Community and
interested in joining a future
Startup Screening as a specialty expert?
Partners Startup Database
By navigating the database of digital health companies, you can view and connect with individuals and departments across the system. Please note, this is only open to those with a Partners Healthcare account.
Chen Cao, MPH
Brigham Digital Innovation Hub
Mark Zhang, DO
Brigham Digital Innovation Hub
Senior Operations Manager, MGH Healthcare Transformation Lab
Digital Health Manager, MGH Healthcare Transformation Lab